RN OR (PRN)
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Browns Mills
Posted on: September 19, 2023
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Registered Nurse- OR
The delivery of patient care through the framework of the nursing
process (assessment, diagnosis and patient outcome) in the
preoperative, interoperative and postoperative phase of the
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervisor of Clinical Services
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates current, comprehensive professional knowledge and
skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and
department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and JCAHO
regulations, Standards for Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice
- Assesses physiological and psychosocial health status of
- Assesses pain per policy.
- Completes patient history.
- Verbally reports pertinent information to appropriate staff to
provide continuity of care.
- Legibly documents information in patient record and signs
record using appropriate professional title.
- Assesses level of understanding and expectations of
- Identifies desired patient outcomes.
- Establishes nursing diagnosis.
- Establishes patient/family goals that are mutually
- Formulates Plan of Care for the patient.
- Implements nursing care plans tailored to patient/family
- Demonstrates ability to assess and problem solve.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Practices within legal and ethical guidelines (Nurse Practice
Act, legal statutes, ANA code for Nurses, PRMC Policy and
- Performs nursing actions that demonstrate accountability
(demonstrates flexibility, exercises safe judgment).
- Continually adjusts care plan based on patient/family
- Demonstrates proper preoperative process -
- Demonstrates proper procedure and documentation for surgical
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique.
- Demonstrates efficient turnover time.
- Demonstrates proper technique for obtaining blood
- Demonstrates proper patient identification verification per
- Demonstrates proper surgical site identification and marking
- Anticipates surgeon's needs during surgical procedure.
- Participates in a Profession Nursing Organization.
- Standing: 66-100%
- Sitting: 0-33%
- Walking: 66-100%
- Lifting: 0-50lbs. as needed
- Carrying: 0-25lbs. as needed
- Pushing: 0-400lbs. on wheels with assistance as needed
- Climbing: 1-5 flights of stairs as necessary
- Pulling: As necessary while providing patient care
- Bending: Proper bending necessary to pick things off the
- Squatting: As necessary while providing care
- Rotating: Shoulders as necessary
- Kneeling: If necessary while providing patient care
- Reaching: overhead while providing patient care
- General comments: Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to
communicate, read printout and other reports, distinguish colors,
ability to focus and depth perception. Manual dexterity to handle,
feel and manipulate supplies and equipment.
- Inside: 95-100%
- Outside: 0-5%
- Temperature: 30F-115F
- Fumes: Occasional
- Dust: Occasional
- Gases: None
- Odors: Occasional
- Mist: Occasional
- Radiation: Occasional
- Noise or Vibrations: Running equipment, testing equipment,
alarm buzzers, phones, computer and printer, and possibly office
- Hazards: Contact with communicable diseases, electrical
equipment, blood borne pathogens, etc. Exposed to wet conditions,
toxic chemicals, mechanical parts and sharp objects etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Provided (gowns, gloves, masks,
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs
Licenses & CertificationsAdvanced Cardiac Life Sup (required)Basic
Life Support (required)Registered Nurse (required)
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Hamilton , RN OR (PRN), Other , Browns Mills, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!